From “No” to “Yes”
It’s time to roll up our sleeves and begin the real work!
Since the release of the Morena Blvd Station Area Planning Study in February 2014, Raise The Balloon Committee members and over 920 neighborhood volunteers have been in the process of ensuring a reasonable and equitable process takes place in the planning of our community. We’ve met our goal with two large community victories, the city planners have agreed to maintain the 30 foot height limit and begin the planning process over with a “clean slate” regarding land use and the proposed number of new living units to be allowed to be built in our community. We are now engaged in building the new Bay Park Boardwalk and finalizing the Morena Specific Plan. The community’s finalized vision for the Bay Park Boardwalk will be presented to the City’s current Ad Hoc Subcommittee and the Clairemont Community Planning Group in late fall of 2015 or early 2016. Eventually it will be presented to the San Diego City Council for final approval.
We are redirecting all site visitors to Build Bay Park Boardwalk.com, but this site will remain as an informational hub for the AD HOC Subcommittee meetings and as a testimony to the history of all of you who have worked hard to maintain our 30ft height limit and control the number of new housing projected for our communites.
RTB COMMITTEE MEMBERS
James LaMattery, Spokesperson RTB Your Neighbor on Fairfield Street. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fran Marsh Your neighbor on Kane Street. Contact Fran@raisetheballoon.com.
Erin Cullen Your Neighbor on Kane Street. Contact Erin@raisetheballoon.com.
Margaret VanBlaricom Your Neighbor on Denver Street. Contact Margaret@raisetheballoon.com.
Tom SaliwanchikYour Neighbor on Penrose Street. contact Tom@raisetheballoon.com.
Bruce KimmesYour Neighbor on Frankfort Street. Contact Bruce@raisetheballoon.com.
AD HOC SUBCOMMITTEE & Morena Specific Plan INFORMATION HUB
Next AD HOC Subcommittee meeting will be on Nov 2, 2015 at St. David’s Episcopal Church :5050 Milton 6-8pm
To Email, Write or Call City Officials About the Plan:
- City Council Contact List
- City Planning Department Contact List
- City Website for Morena Specific Plan (MySidewalk.com)
- Clairemont Community Planning Group (City Website) Agendas, Minutes, Contact Info
- Linda Vista Community Planning Group (City Website) Agendas, Minutes, Contact Info
- James LaMattery – Subcommittee Member Soliciting Public Input: email@example.com
- Michael Prinz – City Planner : MPrinz@sandiego.gov
- Margie Schmidt – Subcommittee Chair: morenasubcommittee@aolcom
Planning Process and AD-HOC Subcommittee Timeline and Agendas
- Morena Specific Plan Process Chart
- Morena Subcommittee Purpose & Meeting Agendas for 2016
- RECOMMENDATIONS MC Spec Plan
- Morena_Subcommittee Meeting 2_Land Use maps (Meeting materials from August 17th)
- Morena Zoning Table (Meeting materials from August 17th)